peace, love, and having a mind of your own


















i refuse to look at life through the lens of tradition.
i refuse to believe everything i am told.
i refuse to live a life that doesn't promote peace, love, and having a mind of your own.

19 June 2011

a video for the dads.

my boss asked me to make a video for Father's Day. so i asked a bunch of people, "what's one thing you really appreciate[d] about your dad?"

guess what the most common answer was?



"he's always there for me."

dads, if you only ever do one thing for your children, just be around. your role is irreplaceable in a person's life. your kids probably aren't aware of how successful or popular or athletic you are. they don't care about your job or your hobbies or your friends if those things take you away from them. just be there. know your kids. love your kids. it will mean the world to them.

i am lucky enough to have a dad that stuck around.
he likes to hang out with me.
he tells me about old cars and music.
he likes cool movies.
he reminds me that i'm beautiful.
he also tells me he likes my hair better "natural" ha. what does he know about girl hair? ;)
and the older i get, the more i realize how much like my daddy i am.

thanks for being there, dad.
i love you!




1 comment:

  1. i have 2 albums for our family also. some old pic were taken when i were a child, i love them

    ReplyDelete