peace, love, and having a mind of your own


















i refuse to look at life through the lens of tradition.
i refuse to believe everything i am told.
i refuse to live a life that doesn't promote peace, love, and having a mind of your own.

14 January 2011

the wonders of technology + people who "get it"

I absolutely love Skype. It's the next best thing to having a coffee date with a great friend who happens to be in another country [or city, or room in your house, whatever]. Tonight I had the privilege of Skyping, yes that is a word, with my good friend Jesse who is in Hawaii. Proof:


Jesse is one of those people who "gets it." [What "it" am I talking about? Check out my last blog.] He's one of those crazy people who believes in his own capacity to change the world, experience life, do big things, and be changed in the process. He is fully seeking after God's heart, and it has led him to a 6-month Discipleship Training School and outreach with YWAM. So while he's suffering in Kona, Hawaii, we still get to chat it up via the amazing interwebz.

This was not my original intent in posting this blog, but while I'm here, I'll let you know that if you're looking for a great opportunity to support world missions, Jesse is in need of about $6,000 in financial support. Donate here.

[This is the information you will be asked for in order to donate to Jesse: 
Students Last Name: Ruiz
First Name: Jesse
Students Email Addess: jesseleeruiz@gmail.com
Students Birth Date: Aug 15, 1989
School/Seminar Name: DTS - Fire & Fragrance
Starting Month and Year: Jan, 2011.]



I am incredibly blessed to happen to know a lot more amazing people, who have crawled out of the mediocre standards set before them to do great things in light of God's love. If you want to know their inspiring stories, you can read about them here.

Welp. That's what technology has done for me lately. What inspires you? Technology? People? Share your stories below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment